Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn is here!

Yesterday was a big writing day for me in my home office. To be honest, I don’t feel like I accomplished as much as I had hoped. For the last couple of weeks, I have been working on reading a great deal for my Holistic Fitness Coaching classes. This last week, I was notified that I am a certified Pilate’s instructor now. This along with many other activities has begun to make me feel a little behind in my writing schedule. One of the articles that I have been working on writing is about how to keep your breasts healthy. Being this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we all should be thinking about what we can do in our everyday lives. Here is the link to that article on Examiner.com.

With the cool temperatures outside, I have begun to have a taste for a few of my comfort foods. A few nights ago, I made my Goulash Stew, and it was so good. My Goulash stew recipe comes from a cookbook that I purchased over in Germany a number of years ago. Over the years I have taken the recipe and changed it to be just a little healthier by cutting the fat levels in it. I have also added a little more spice to it with a seasoning called Cajun seasoning from Penzey’s. I have started working on a number of my older recipes to reduce the fat and unnecessary sugar in them. I need to be careful because I don’t want to lose the great taste of the recipe that we all felt in love with over the years. I have started adding flax seed meal to breads, waffles, and anything else I can think of hiding it in. Next week, I plan to start taking a few of my recipes and take out the fat (or at least some) and add butternut squash in its place without changing the favorite of the recipe.

Are you planning on entertaining this weekend your friends or family members? Tomorrow, I will share with you a few easy ideas to help you enjoy your time with them more.

Have a great day! Take time today to be grateful for all your blessing!



2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is jenicoe2001 from eHow. : ) I am also jenicoe2001 on facebook and twitter. Feel free to add me as a friend on these sites too!! : ) You have an excellent blog with excellent photographs. I'm glad I checked it out! : ) TTYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! I will check out your facebook and twitter sites.

    ReplyDelete